For the purposes of this Policy, unless otherwise noted, all references to “ERP”, the “Company”, “we” or “us” is a reference to Emergency Response Portal (ERP) Corp.
SITUALIS is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) application that gives emergency responder participants immediate access to information held by property owners in order to shorten emergency response times.
This Policy applies to the processing of Personal Information we collect when you visit the System and our websites, including any information in any e-mails, posts, texts and other electronic messages between you and us.
Our websites may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of such other services are governed by third parties’ privacy policies, which we encourage you to review to better understand those third parties’ privacy practices.
What Personal Information do we collect from you and how?
We do not collect any information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, we may collect certain Personal Information in the following circumstance:
- you express interest in obtaining additional information about our services (for example, through our “Contact” or similar feature, or if you send us an email or request customer support). In this case, you may be required to provide us your basic contact information such as first and last names, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, job title and company or employer name.
- you subscribe to use our services (whether free or purchased services). In this case, you may be required to provide us, in addition to your basic contact information stated above, certain personal information such as property or building information, financial and billing information (such as billing name and address, credit card number and/or bank account information).
- you use and interact with the System, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software through cookies and other technologies. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web address. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain the quality and security of the service as well as your access log, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the System and our website.
If you provide us any Personal Information relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use that Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. If you believe that your Personal Information has been provided to us improperly, or you would otherwise like to exercise your rights relating to your Personal Information, please contact us as stated below.
We do not collect Personal Information about your on-line activities over time and across third party sites for tracking purposes. We do not allow third parties to collect Personal Information on the System that could be used by them to analyze and store information about your on-line activities over time and across third party sites for tracking purposes.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the information that you provide to us or that we collect from you, including the Personal Information:
- to present our System and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- to notify you of any changes to our System or services;
- to facilitate customer feedback in an effort to improve our services;
- to create and manage your account, provide our service, process payments, and respond to your inquiries;
- to manage account authentication;
- to provide customer support;
- to ensure the security of our service;
- to carry out our obligation and enforce our rights arising from any agreements between you and us related to our Service;
- to comply with legal obligations under applicable laws, industry standards and our policies in order to protect our rights or as is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of the System, our websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests;
- for other reasonable purpose consistent with the above; and
- for any other purpose with your express consent.
We do not disclose our customer list or your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes.
If you have opted to do so through subscription to our services, your Personal Information and property information may be accessed by the emergency services (such as police, fire or paramedic service, including dispatchers and first responders) during an emergency, with the goal of improving their response. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except during an emergency, and they are required, under contract, to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Privacy Rights and Video Images of Individuals
The System has been designed to provide critical information to those that need it at the most critical time, namely, at the onset of an emergency. The System can provide remote access to data, including live video images from the user’s property to first responders, incident commanders or others helping during the emergency. The System does not result in any collection, use or disclosure of video images beyond that which already occurs to enable property owners to lawfully monitor occurrences within their buildings and to provide access to such video to emergency responders in an emergency situation. From a technological perspective, the System only supports the streaming of video images in the case of an emergency in order to provide access to required images at the onset and during an emergency.
We do not have access to video images that are obtained by property owners and accessed by emergency responders in an emergency situation. We merely provide the system which allows for secure access, but does not itself collect, process, access or disclose any video images.
How we Protect your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Our System functions as a secure Internet-based portal. Via the portal, property owners upload critical property information, to which emergency responders have access through encrypted access codes. Property owners are immediately notified every time that an emergency service responder accesses their information during an emergency event. All access by an emergency service responder is logged, and stringent safeguards exist to safeguard against access gained by any unauthorized individual. For this purpose and when you enter other sensitive information, we use industry-standard encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and a secure Tier 3 Data Base located in Canada, as part of our services. In order to maintain the highest degrees of security, you are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of the System and websites after your sessions.
Personal Information Disclosure to Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- Service providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including hosting and maintenance, error monitoring, debugging, performance monitoring, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- Compliance with legal obligations: We will share your Personal Information when we cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws, or to respond to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order, or a subpoena. We will also share your Personal Information when we believe, in good faith, that it is necessary to protect our own, or a third party’s legitimate right or interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of the System, the safety of the public or, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive, legally actionable activity, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates or subsidiaries to the extent necessary to carry out our daily business operations and to enable us to maintain and provide you with our services. We require these entities to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
Your rights in relation to Personal Information
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information, subject to local privacy protection laws. These rights may include the right to access your Personal Information held by us, correct or amend inaccurate Personal Information and delete your Personal Information to the extent permitted under applicable laws. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding your subscribed services for the purpose of providing announcements, alerts, surveys and other general communication.
We also take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we will consider various criteria, such as the type of services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact of deletion on the services we provide to you, and mandatory retention periods provided by applicable laws.
International Transfer of Data
Our System is hosted in Canada and our services are provided to you from Canada. Your Personal Information is currently collected and stored by us in Canada. We do not currently store or transfer any Personal Information outside of Canada.
Children under 13
Our System and websites are not directed at children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or a guardian and believe that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us by using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below and we will take steps to delete such Personal Information.
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will update the “effective date” at the top of the Policy and the changes are effective when they are posted on this page. We therefore encourage you to check this page regularly for any changes to the Policy.
In the event of changes to this Policy which materially alter your rights or the way we treat your Personal Information, we will also take reasonable efforts to notify you of the changes, for example, by sending a notice to the Primary User via the email you provided to us or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the System for the first time after such material changes become effective. Your continued use of the System and/or the services available through the System after such changes to the Policy will indicate that you have read, understood and agreed to abide by the current version of the Policy.
How to Contact Us
Emergency Response Portal (ERP) Corp. is the entity responsible for processing your Personal Information under this Policy. If you have any questions regarding this Policy or our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights regarding your Personal Information, you may contact us by filling out the form at https://situalis.com/cms/Contactus, email us at email@example.com or by writing to us at the following address:
Emergency Response Portal (ERP) Corp.
P.O. Box 67010
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2A 4E4