Occupants of retail and office space owned by others
Harbourfront Centre, on Toronto's waterfront, is an innovative not-for-profit cultural organization that creates events and activities of excellence that enliven, educate and entertain a diverse public.
To nurture the growth of new cultural expression, stimulate Canadian and international interchange and provide a dynamic, accessible environment for the public to experience the marvels of the creative imagination.
A vibrant home for the culture of our time, inspiring people through the magic of the creative spirit.
Quick Facts about Harbourfront Centre
- Governed by a 26-person community-based volunteer Board of Directors
- 10-acre site attracts millions of visitors each year
- Creator and presenter of over 4,000 events annually
- Partner to more than 450 community and cultural groups annually
- Multidisciplinary artistic and cultural focus showcasing works in contemporary visual arts, crafts, literature, music, dance and theatre for adults and children
- Operator of two marinas and three parking facilities
- Host to 30,000 children at School Visits and 4,500 children at Camps annually
- Assisted by approximately 2,000 volunteers who generously contribute their efforts and time
- Supported by government grants and contributions which constitute about 1/3 of our annual operating budget
- Driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit to generate revenues to support 2/3 of our annual operating budget
- All events and programmes are offered at reasonable prices or are completely free of charge
SITUALIS provides Harbourfront with access to timely information from First Responders regarding an incident, a portal for the storage of emergency, continuity and crisis communications plans, the timely implementation of plans, processes and communications, and provides First Responders with virtual access to critical building information, including contacts, floor plans and cameras. This results in a significantly higher level of communication and collaboration between First Responders and Harbourfront.